5 Great Sports Bars to Watch the Superbowl
Philadelphia is pretty spoiled when it comes to bars, we're one of the top beer drinking cities in the country so any bar worth its salt needs a solid craft beer list and great bar food to keep the regulars coming back. So deciding which bar to watch the Superbowl at doesn't so much depend on beer and food, since you can pretty much go to any gastropub or bar and have a solid meal and drink, with a big sporting event you want the right atmosphere; you've got your solid sports bars like Chickie's and Pete's and Fox and Hound but here are a few other options.
1. City Tap House: Featuring an array of HDTVs throughout the space, this fun spot is a no brainer to go enjoy the big game. Also a lotta great bar classics on their menu: wings, pizza, burger and not to mention that 60+ draft list. (40th & Walnut, 215-662-0105)
2. Fieldhouse: The recently revamped Fieldhouse was made for huge sporting events, they've got whether it's the Super Bowl or the Pro Bowl, this joint is probably a sports lover's idea of heaven. They keep it local at the Fieldhouse, with 100% of their 40 beers on tap coming from within 100 miles of Philadelphia. On the food end, they've got an Asian-inspired menu, however some American bar classics are in there too, can't be a sports bar without some solid wings and a burger featuring Pat La Frieda meat. (
3. McGillin's Old Ale House: A Philadelphia classic, enjoy the game on their HDTVs while sipping on $2 pints of Pabst or $7 pitchers of lager specials. (1310 Drury Street, 215-735-5562)
4. Misconduct Tavern: Another haven for sports fans, this spot boasts 10 HDTVs and all the sports packages you could want. Plus they've got an great selection of craft beers and a solid menu that'll keep you going on game day. (1511 Locust Street, 215-732-5797)
5. Cavanaugh's Rittenhouse: Watch the game on one of their 12 HDTVs while munching on some of their award winning wings! Or if you'd perfer get a free 6ft hot dog during halftime, wash that down with a $4 pint of Yards. (1823 Sansom Street, 215-665-9500)