Red Bull Flugtag Launch Party at Standard Tap Recap & Photos
Last night, history was made. In preparation for this Saturday’s Red Bull Flugtag competition, we took the world-famous HINDENFIRKIN to Standard Tap in Northern Liberties, where it was christened by none other than the Beer Pope himself.
Standard Tap owner William Reed, in full Philly Beer Week regalia, first blessed our Mega Hammer of Glory with the real Hammer of Glory, transferring to it all the great craft beer-related powers the HOG hold. He then raised a bottle of Victory Brewing Co. Golden Monkey and ceremoniously christened the HINDENFIRKIN. The vessel is also sponsored by Old City German beer bar Bierstube.
The Drink Philly Red Bull Flugtag team is now ready to fly off a 30-foot platform and sail over (and into) the Delaware River. Check out more photos from the launch party here, courtesy of Stephen Lyford, and also, don’t forget to vote for us as People’s Choice Award winners. It’s easy, here’s how:
1) Text "Team17" (one word) to 72855.
2) You'll get an automated message back that says "Reply Y to confirm your vote & join the Red Bull mobile list." Text back "Y"
3) You'll get an automated message back that says "You've joined the Red Bull mobile list. Reply STOP to cancel."
4) You'll get another message that says "Redbull Flugtag: Your vote was counted. Vote up to 15 times per mobile phone."
5) Vote 14 more times by texting "Team17" to 72855, 14 times in a row.
6) Text STOP to 72855 to get off the list, because no one wants that crap.
Photos by Stephen Lyford
Brewers Association Savor 2013: 5 Best Beer and Food Pairings
Sixth Annual BBQ at the Ballpark, June 22